Old 07-01-2008, 12:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Default basic question about 2 cycle engines

nucleus wrote:
if there are no reed valves, then my problem must be the carb. engine
will run a few
seconds if i squirt a small amount of the gas/oil mixture into the
spark plug hole,
but will not run from the carb. i am positive fuel is getting to the
carb because i
made a separate tank with new tubing and the primer bulb draws
properly and
the overflow returns to the tank properly. also the engine will run a
few seconds
if i squirt a small amount of the gas/oil mixture into the carb
opening.

i have disassembled the carb, blown out all passages, all diaphragms
have no
pinholes, but apparently the carb does not function. this particular
carb is
foreign (chinese, i guess) and i cannot find a source for a repair
kit.

any suggestions how i can get this thing running?

On Jan 5, 9:15 pm, "Chas Hurst" wrote:
"nucleus" wrote in message

do most small two cycle engines (like on trimmers) have reed valves?

No, they are usually piston ported.

What is on the carb? It should have a name and some letters and numbers.
Walbro and Zama are the most popular. Also what kind of 2-cycle engine,
by that I mean what piece of equipment is it on? ie: chainsaw, blower,
trimmer, etc...

--
Art