Old 05-04-2003, 06:35 AM
Tom Elliott

Default attracting bees to your garden

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 02:31:45 GMT, Alice Gamewell
wrote:

I don't know about cornmeal, but I planted 72 Zinnias in my front yard
last spring. I have never seen so many visits from bees in years. They
love the flower. So do butterflies.

Lavendar is also a good drawcard for bees.

I did a bit of researching regarding bees and their attracton to
cornmeal, and found that it's true. Apparently it can be a nuisance
for people with bird feeders, as cornmeal in some bird feed can
attract a lot of bees.

I'm going to sprinkle some polenta about the garden and see what
happens. Can't hurt to try!

Tom Elliott
remove `mapsitna' from email address to reply by email.