Old 09-01-2008, 02:12 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
rb rb is offline

Default PTO front belt brakes

This applies to front PTO shaft driven decks: the brake on front PTOs is
to help stop the belt revolution once the idler pulley is released. Start
the deck drive, the brake is off. Turn the deck drive off, the brake is on.

I may be making a mod to the front that will make it necessary to remove the
brake. I'm not sure I see any particular reason why this would be a
problem. Yes, the blades might spin a bit longer without the brake than
with it.

Anyone see a particular problem?