Old 09-01-2008, 02:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default It's too quiet & I need a name plz!

Anything within reason, that hasn't been taken already.

Every plant ever made with Ovation and Dubiosa as parents will have that
name.

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Thanks for this info Kathy, which made me check my D/base & it is one from
my friend Dan, originally from
Stewarts (19246-1997)
Naive questions:-
How does one find out if a plant has been registered?
Can I name it anything I want to?
My plant will be the only one to have this name?
You can tell I don't get out much eh?
Cheers Wendy

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Now's your chance. It hasn't been registered, so you can name it for
someone. Only costs $12.50. Forms are on teh AOS web page or the
California Sierra Nevada web page (*G*) http://www.csnjc.org The clonal
name for the Dubiosa should probably be 'Scully's' who used to be a big
catt fancier.

K Barrett

"Wendy7" wrote in message
C. Dubiosa 'Scally's' x Lc. Ovation 'Sensation'

One of my best shaped catts, just my opinion though.
Forgive me if someone has given me a new name in the past.
Cheers Wendy