Old 09-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Christelle Christelle is offline
Registered User

Default Tiny little purple balls

Hello there,

I would really really like to be able to find out what this plant is called - my partner and I were walking in Hampshire, in the south of England and we spotted this unusual little plant that appeared to be growing out of someone's front garden.

I will try my best to attach pictures but so far its not letting me.

The colour of the flowers on this plant are really unique and rare - they are a gorgeous metallic shade of purple and they come in tiny clusters of balls. The stem is a light woody colour and there is no foliage with this plant - they resemble slightly misletoe but mistletoe has leaves generally, which is not the case with this rare plant.

Please help! Any sort of clue would be wonderful - I have searched high and low and nothing has come up.

Many thanks..

Christelle