Old 11-01-2008, 08:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default OT Flooding of Group

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:50:31 CST, Steve Wolstenholme
wrote:

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 20:06:07 CST, ~ jan wrote:

Hi Hal,

I agree with your recommendation for Agent. I have used it for
over 11 years, and have the highest praise for it (at least for the
old version 1.93.)
I find the newer versions much, much too complicated. I think
1.93 was the best ever made. It makes reading newsgroups so very
easy. I've tried other newsreaders, and nothing else comes close.
(However, I strongly discourage persons new to Agent from getting any
of the versions over 1.93.)

I'm running 3.3 and haven't had any problems with it. And Ron, you're more
computer geek than I am. ;-)

I'm using 4.2 and it's dead simple. The anti spam email system alone
is worth the price.

I agree. I'm using it with Linux (with Wine).