Old 14-01-2008, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Peach bogglement

On 13 Jan, 21:19, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
Indeed not - and this is Cambridge - we have had several minor frosts
(none below -5 but below -2).

As far as I can remember, I see the trees in my uncles's garden
totally bare in the winter - though they do flower early, beginning of
March. We have some weird weather at the moment and I wouldn't be
surprise it's something to do with it. You would know if you had a
disease on the leaves, wouldn't you - but I found out that when 'la
cloque', the leaf curl, strikes, it also does it in the autumn, on the
red leaves and the leaves not necessarily fall. The variey you have is
very hardy and strong - they grew amongst the vignards to help with
the timing of picking up the grapes. Is yours older than 7 years old?
Do you have lots of peach on it? Have you pruned it recently? (very
jealous here ...).