Old 15-01-2008, 10:54 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default recommendations for lawn alternative

In article , "Linda" wrote:

Hi, we have a small backyard with a beautiful big tree and lots of shade
during the summer which is great for the kids - not having to worry about
sunscreen when they play outside. It does mean of course that lawn won't
grow - thats fine, we're not big gardeners, and what with regular mowing and
water restrictions it's not an option. But currently there is a mix of dirt
areas, weeds and so forth so it would be nice to have something semi
attractive.
So I'm looking for suggestions - I've been looking at various gardening
sites, and seen ideas such as Vinca Minor, chamomile, moss and of course
mondo grass but I'm sure there must be lots of possibilites I don't know
about.

I'd put down pine bark, if it's that shady.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/