Old 17-01-2008, 10:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Stole some fertiliser yesterday

"helco" wrote in message
. ..
George.com wrote:
I went round to a work mates yesterday & helped him clean out his shed. I
took a few things he didn't want, including a sack of fertiliser.
"Thanks" was what he told me as I walked away with the sack of
fertiliser. Mind you, he thought the sack simply contained leaves. He
didn't realise I was walking away with the nutrients from his garden.

rob

Are you boasting or confessing?

ironising, if there is such a word. My mate wouldn't want me taking a bag of
fertiliser which he will spread on his garden but is happy to dispose of a
sack of leaves that are the yield from the fertiliser he spread. Admittedly
the leaves don't hold many nutrients however he wouldn't chuck out a load of
lawn fertiliser but would throw away lawn clippings. Taking peoples leaves
or lawn clippings is nutrient theft by stealth.

rob