Old 18-01-2008, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Stole some fertiliser yesterday

"George.com" wrote in message

"helco" wrote in message
. ..
George.com wrote:
I went round to a work mates yesterday & helped him clean out his shed.
I took a few things he didn't want, including a sack of fertiliser.
"Thanks" was what he told me as I walked away with the sack of
fertiliser. Mind you, he thought the sack simply contained leaves. He
didn't realise I was walking away with the nutrients from his garden.

rob

Are you boasting or confessing?

ironising, if there is such a word. My mate wouldn't want me taking a bag
of fertiliser which he will spread on his garden but is happy to dispose
of a sack of leaves that are the yield from the fertiliser he spread.
Admittedly the leaves don't hold many nutrients however he wouldn't chuck
out a load of lawn fertiliser but would throw away lawn clippings. Taking
peoples leaves or lawn clippings is nutrient theft by stealth.

rob

Oh, really, leaves can contain a nutrient but it cannot be asorbed by the
plants. It would be used by soil micros.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.