Old 20-01-2008, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Hello, an old newbie

"Bertie Doe" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden" moaned after
"Billit" wrote
Please bear with me as I'm a new 'silver surfer' so I'm still very much
a beginner with the Internet and newsgroups.

snip
I some times think the authorities are trying to stop people growing
their own food. Without Derris we will have to resort to the sort of
chemicals I don't like using on food crops.

The Soil Association http://preview.tinyurl.com/yvsyh5 recommend derris,
but require farmers to apply for certification before use??

Yes, I had noticed this..

http://www.organiccatalog.com/catalo...roducts_id=525

However, Rotenone is a lethal poison and it doesn't take much to kill a
human, a few grams. Is this the reason it's coming off the shelf? Anyone
know?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden