Old 20-01-2008, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith.lea judith.lea is offline

Default When do trees start getting leaves - Norfolk

On Jan 20, 6:22*pm, wrote:
This is possibly a bit off topic, but still, it's about plants....

I'm trying to approximately date some old photographs, I know they're
from 1966 and they're of places in Norfolk. *I had them labelled as
"Easter" which in 1966 was on April 10th. *However the trees have no
leaves at all that I can see, is this likely in early April?

I realise things can change considerably between years but I'd like to
know if I'm way out or not.

--
Chris Green

I lived in Norfolk until Oct 1st this year. I can remember the Summer
of 1966 but I cannot remember Spring. Usually, on the last week of
April our Silver Birch would come into leaf, it was the first tree in
the garden to do so. Hope that helps.

Judith

Juditgh