Old 23-01-2008, 07:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Jerry Hoffmeister Jerry Hoffmeister is offline

Default Angraecum ID? & a question.

dunno...

if you were close to me, I'd let you have one of mine - I have two. Too
huge to ship tho I think.

Thanks for the website - I'll check it out!

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Glad you posted this Jerry, as it made me look at my data base list of
Angcm's & old pics.
I know I lost my giant Angcm. eburneum subsp. superbum to a bad case of
scale & it had huge thick leaves.
Anyway here is a fantastic web site:-
www.angraecum.org
My question is:- Is there a difference between ssp & subsp & if so what
does it mean?
Cheers Wendy

"Jerry Hoffmeister" wrote in message
. ..
A friend gave me two of this plant but no tag Last year, the other
tried to bloom but the spike aborted. This year, flowers!

Anyone know what it is? Likely it's a species... And I can probably get
better pictures if it would help. Oh, the plant is BIG. Probably the
leafspan is 2 feet or more.

Thanks!
Jerry