Old 23-01-2008, 03:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Angraecum ID? & a question.

Yes, I know what you mean Jerry, the same thing happened to me with the
various names?
Thanks for the offer by the way.
I have to check my tags & straighten out my data base. Upon further study, I
noticed that
the various subsp. of eburneum pertain to the area of their habitat.
Also two of the flowers are identical in shape but one is larger? I need to
read up some more.
Cheers Wendy

"Jerry Hoffmeister" wrote in message
. ..
and interesting, i gather from the site below that angr comorense is a syn
for superbum. so I actually have 3 of these - I have a comorense seedling

"Jerry Hoffmeister" wrote in message
. ..
dunno...

if you were close to me, I'd let you have one of mine - I have two. Too
huge to ship tho I think.

Thanks for the website - I'll check it out!

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Glad you posted this Jerry, as it made me look at my data base list of
Angcm's & old pics.
I know I lost my giant Angcm. eburneum subsp. superbum to a bad case of
scale & it had huge thick leaves.
Anyway here is a fantastic web site:-
www.angraecum.org
My question is:- Is there a difference between ssp & subsp & if so
what does it mean?
Cheers Wendy

"Jerry Hoffmeister" wrote in message
. ..
A friend gave me two of this plant but no tag Last year, the other
tried to bloom but the spike aborted. This year, flowers!

Anyone know what it is? Likely it's a species... And I can probably
get better pictures if it would help. Oh, the plant is BIG. Probably
the leafspan is 2 feet or more.

Thanks!
Jerry