Old 24-01-2008, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Another plant ID please

On Jan 24, 9:53*pm, Mike Hibbert wrote:
Russel Sprout wrote:
"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
k...

Hi folks,

We caught the scent of this and found it on our way into the hospital
today, and would love to buy one as a memory. We have no idea what it is,
but it smells so familiar
Any ideas? It has very dark berrys.
http://www.thegamescape.co.uk/images/plant001.jpg

Sarcococca confusa, sweet box?

Certainly looks the part! Thank you very much!

Yes! Funny you said it smells familiar - I've been given one at xmas
and it lives in a pot on the porch. The other day I smelt a very
familiar scent which brought me back to my childhood. Took me ages to
figure it out - it was the sarcococca and it had conjured up my old
piano teacher. It smells of face powder and is very musky, like an old
french perfume ) She'd be 120 years old now ...!