Old 25-01-2008, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default When to remove mulch (from bulbs)?

In article e42b178d-3732-4276-8a80-
,
says...
Hi

In automn I bought some Narcissus (Daffodils) and Puschkinia and on
the packs it said to mulch so I did with shredded bark.

Both types of flowers are supposed to flower in march-april so I am
wondering when to remove the mulch?

I am reading all these great stories about crocuses and tulips coming
up early this year so I am wondering if the bulbs I planted need more
light (quite early on)?

Thanks

There is no reason to remove the mulch, bulbs will find the light
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk