Old 25-01-2008, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default When to remove mulch (from bulbs)?

wrote in message
Hi

In automn I bought some Narcissus (Daffodils) and Puschkinia and on
the packs it said to mulch so I did with shredded bark.

Both types of flowers are supposed to flower in march-april so I am
wondering when to remove the mulch?

I am reading all these great stories about crocuses and tulips coming
up early this year so I am wondering if the bulbs I planted need more
light (quite early on)?

Thanks

How deep is the mulch?

I'd say leave it, but if it's waist deep they may have a problem. Otherwise
just leave it, the bulbs will do what they feel is right at the time they
feel it's right.

Steve