Old 26-01-2008, 10:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
KarenCannoli KarenCannoli is offline

Default Green tomatoe - how to tell if they are ripe?

"Jean B." wrote in message ...
Zootal wrote:
I've been looking at some heirloom green tomatoes - tomatoes that are green when
they ripen. Has anyone here grown these? How is the flavor, and how do you tell if
they are ripe?

I grow green zebras. The stripes are kind-of golden when they are ripe. I have no
idea how one would tell on a purely green one.

I grow them also. They tend to have a slight tang to them. I also
harvest when they get a little gold tinge to them.