Old 28-01-2008, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Tidying up old shrubs

On 28 Jan, 12:18, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
I am at the moment struggling with a very big and old Pyracantha, brambles
have grown up thro it which has made matter`s worse, says she reaching for
another packet of sticking plasters. sigh

You two must be spychic or something ... I have a very large buddleia
and I couldn't squeeze my secateur around its branches yesterday. I
abandonned all work after takling my hawthorn (I know I'm a bit late
but I need to clear lots of inside branches along with some seeking
the sun and therefore badly twisting).

So I'm looking for the first time for some ratchet, but then I should
perhaps go for a bypass one ... I just don't know anymore. I've pruned
for so long with secateurs given to me as presents, and there is the
problem now. So I could do with a nice present to myself. Any
suggestions - oh, very petite hands here.

Pass us a plaster Kate, you're a love ... ;o)