Old 29-01-2008, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default What plants can I grow on a trellis?

On 28 Jan, 15:44, wrote:
I would prefer evergreen and it musn't shed leaves onto my neighbours
land.
The fence runs North-South.

I've now realised that you are the same person selling your house in
July, if I'm not mistaken. The suggestion of Holboellia coriacea is
lovely. It doesn't have to be totally cut down to the ground but
rather 'keep in check' as it bushes towards the top. It climbs as it
twist its stems - so you need wires to let it climb to the trellis.

But since you're selling your house and you seem to want to do a good
job in your garden, perhaps you could tell us what you already have
and we could help you compliment the plants you have, to make a good
effect once you're selling. Take a walk around your garden and make
notes of questions or ideas you have and let us know. (I'm dying to
find out!!!). How old is your house and which part of the country do
you live?