Old 29-01-2008, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default What veg to plant in Feb?

On Jan 29, 4:09 pm, wrote:
On 29 Jan, 14:39, Des Higgins wrote:

Broad beans seem to be a regular candidate for this but I have not
tried that (very early planting). My earliest plantings will be
chillis inddors next month cos they need a long season to get started
and then maybe pumpkins similarly but started in maybe March.
Outdoors, I may be tempted out in about 3 weeks if it stops feckin
rainin. Otherwise, knickers to it; the digging can wait.

We saw the sun shine for the first time yesterday and I stood in it
like a lezard on a rock (the last time I saw sunshine like this was
when I was in New York at xmas!). This week end I'm sowing onions,
shallots and garlic. Also, seeing that it's so mild and feels more
like mid feb than end of January, I'm tempted to do carrots, parsnip
and radish under protection. Could do broad beans too - but must make
sure that the ground is not totally soaking. My friend has the tips of
her asparagus already showing ... roll eyes

I was in Spain last week for a few days and it was so warm at night
that I almost wanted to turn on the air conditioning. It was clear
and bright and sunny during the day.
The weather here has been like yours.