Old 29-01-2008, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default How a spade is made

"'Mike'" wrote after
"Bob Hobden" wrote
Found this whilst wandering about the Internet......

http://www.bulldogtools.co.uk/index.php?mod=11

But why the music, why not the real sounds as well as the pictures.

Agree about the music, but my comment is, isn't it labour intensive?

Very.
I just wonder if it's an old film as I know they no longer make their proper
forged Stainless Steel Fork and Spade in the UK because of the cost. They
ended up over £100 each so very few were bought despite them being the best.
I can't believe that the cost differential between normal steel and
stainless could be such that they can still make ordinary steel spades and
sell them for a competitive price if they couldn't with stainless, the
labour costs must be about the same.
So, are they really still forging stuff by hand in the UK?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden