Old 28-01-2008, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How a spade is made

Found this whilst wandering about the Internet......

http://www.bulldogtools.co.uk/index.php?mod=11

But why the music, why not the real sounds as well as the pictures.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 29-01-2008, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 Bob Hobden wrote:

Found this whilst wandering about the Internet......

http://www.bulldogtools.co.uk/index.php?mod=11

But why the music, why not the real sounds as well as the pictures.

They assume that we're all going to be affected in the same way by their
choice of music!

Awful, isn't it?

David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk

Old 29-01-2008, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
David Rance writes:
| On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 Bob Hobden wrote:
|
| Found this whilst wandering about the Internet......
|
| http://www.bulldogtools.co.uk/index.php?mod=11
|
| But why the music, why not the real sounds as well as the pictures.
|
| They assume that we're all going to be affected in the same way by their
| choice of music!
|
| Awful, isn't it?

My computers don't support sound, either in hardware or software,
except on a laptop (where I can't disable the former except by
cutting wires). It turns out to be quite advantageous.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-01-2008, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Found this whilst wandering about the Internet......

http://www.bulldogtools.co.uk/index.php?mod=11

But why the music, why not the real sounds as well as the pictures.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Agree about the music, but my comment is, isn't it labour intensive?

Mike

After a lot of trouble www.nsrafa.org is now up and running for the National
Service RAF man

Old 29-01-2008, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote after
"Bob Hobden" wrote
Found this whilst wandering about the Internet......

http://www.bulldogtools.co.uk/index.php?mod=11

But why the music, why not the real sounds as well as the pictures.

Agree about the music, but my comment is, isn't it labour intensive?

Very.
I just wonder if it's an old film as I know they no longer make their proper
forged Stainless Steel Fork and Spade in the UK because of the cost. They
ended up over £100 each so very few were bought despite them being the best.
I can't believe that the cost differential between normal steel and
stainless could be such that they can still make ordinary steel spades and
sell them for a competitive price if they couldn't with stainless, the
labour costs must be about the same.
So, are they really still forging stuff by hand in the UK?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 29-01-2008, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
"Bob Hobden" writes:

| I just wonder if it's an old film as I know they no longer make their proper
| forged Stainless Steel Fork and Spade in the UK because of the cost. They
| ended up over £100 each so very few were bought despite them being the best.
| I can't believe that the cost differential between normal steel and
| stainless could be such that they can still make ordinary steel spades and
| sell them for a competitive price if they couldn't with stainless, the
| labour costs must be about the same.

Not necessarily. Stainless steel is notoriously tricky to work.

| So, are they really still forging stuff by hand in the UK?

Unlikely.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-01-2008, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
David Rance writes:

| On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 Bob Hobden wrote:
|
| Found this whilst wandering about the Internet......
|
| http://www.bulldogtools.co.uk/index.php?mod=11
|
| But why the music, why not the real sounds as well as the pictures.
|
| They assume that we're all going to be affected in the same way by their
| choice of music!
|
| Awful, isn't it?

My computers don't support sound, either in hardware or software,
except on a laptop (where I can't disable the former except by
cutting wires). It turns out to be quite advantageous.

Unfortunately, in my line of business I need the sound. But I do usually
turn the sound off for such web-sites.

David

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk

Monty Don and his spade DLee United Kingdom 29 07-10-2003 04:32 PM
Fork and Spade order arrived torgo Roses 1 06-05-2003 03:32 PM
tree spade Gena North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:34 PM
Clearance sale at Fork & Spade! Kim Roses 0 23-04-2003 01:32 PM
spear and jackson stainless steel spade jrbuk United Kingdom 11 31-01-2003 10:18 PM