Old 29-01-2008, 03:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default The last of the brussel sprouts

We picked a couple of dozen. Ate some, and the rest sat in a bowl untill
we tossed them. We still have a hundred or so on the plants outside. I
planted them late last summer, and they have been sitting, dormant, all
winter long, providing us with b.sprouts when ever we feel like braving
the elements to pick them

I grow Brussels and find that they keep extremely well outdoors on the
stalk - which can be cut off at the roots. I do cut the tops to have as a
different vegetable.

Mary

Do you actually eat the top? One of my plants formed a ball about 2 inches
across when we pulled the plant. This is the first time I've grown Brussels,
and didn't really know what to expect. I'm guessing it would have blossomed
into a flower in the spring.