Old 29-01-2008, 11:18 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default The heron file. A perrenial problem (Part one)

I'm not knocking it Jan.

Sorry, but yes you are, and you have reasons.

But some of the posts here make those motion
sprayers and fake fish sound like they'll work as well as or better than
nets - and that just isn't true.

I haven't seen one post that claims they work better than a net. But many
people have mentioned that nets won't work because of the design of the
pond and/or they'd just as soon fill it in if they have to put a net on it.
Many of us have found success with alternatives and don't have all the
various problems TN seems to have.

I don't want people to think they're fish
are safe because they installed a MS and a few rubber fish.

I wonder if we're taking about the same type of fish, mine are plastic not
rubber. Were yours submerged or floating on top? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us