Old 30-01-2008, 10:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default Closeup of flowers [1/1]

By definition, pelorism (peloria?) occurs in a flower structure when there
is symmetry that is unexpected. In Peter's plant, that would be the petals
appearing to be like the lip, but sometimes it's the lip looking more like
the other petals.

Sometimes, folks will equate any unusual structure with the word "peloric",
but unless the symmetry factor is present, it's just "deformed".

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Hi Peter, Since we last posted, a couple of things, we were talking about
rain. Amazingly we have had 11inches in the
last few days. This is a record here in S.Calif.
Also my other Laelia anceps has opened & looks more like yours.
Not really fair to compare them with my other one which is crossed with a
Cattleya.
Now if you don't mind I would like to post your pic along with mine in
new post, mainly to
get some input on "peloric"
Cheers Wendy

"Peter Cliff" wrote in message

Hmm, makes my Laelia Anceps flower look a bit sad - still, I'll blame
the English weather (it hasn't stopped raining since the end of May last
year!)

Peter

In message , Wendy7
writes
Laelia anceps x C. Summer Stars
[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

--
Peter Cliff
Fisheries.co.uk