Old 01-02-2008, 03:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Am I too late to trim butterfly bush?

In article ,
"arkienurse" wrote:

I remember reading here last year that they should be cut back around the
end of February or so. I was out today looking around my yard and my
butterfly bush, planted last year, is already putting out new leaf growth.
I don't want to do anything to damage it, but had planned to cut it back.
Am I too late? or is it still ok

Thanks

Vicky

Still O.K.
http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/mvv2-94.htm

It looks like you live where butterfly bushes usually go dormant and,
some times not. Apparently, you can whack these suckers right back to
the ground (I'm not recommending that) and they will bounce back.

Now get gardening.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney & Pelosi, Behind Bars