Old 01-02-2008, 12:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Yellow Day Lily

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

thanks, a good camera and lens always helps. :-)

And a steady hand or tripod. I worked for a professional photographer
for a few years and my shanking hand became so bad he wouldn't even
let me re-touch prints - he said I wasn't concentrating.

Then a brain tumour was found and I had surgery to remove it :-)

Bummer, though a good outcome by the looks of it.

Well, if it hadn't been found (accidentally) I'd have become paralysed then
gone mad then died in pretty short order. I'm pleased that I lived long
enough to survive the next drama - breast cancer :-)

We don't have common colds in this house, nobody brings you champagne and
chocolates, might as well have something exciting which elicits sypathy ...

The shaking isn't anything like as bad now but my hands aren't steady
enough even with the finest equipment and knowledge to take a good
close-up - except by accident.

My boss, by the way, was very embarrassed!

I should think so. :-)

He's still a good friend. It was hard on him because his sister in law had
just died from a brain tumour in the same ward I was in. I think his wife
was upset that I survived when her sister hadn't. Luck of the draw.

Still, all that's nothing to do with gardens :-)

Keep up the good work,

Mary