Old 30-01-2008, 08:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Yellow Day Lily

Attached Thumbnails
Yellow Day Lily-b-4808-daylily-04-11-07-30-400.jpg
Old 30-01-2008, 10:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

And a tiny fly!

I wish I could get that kind of definition :-(

Mary

Old 30-01-2008, 10:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:58:19 +1000, "Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE

A beauty. Nice composition too.
Old 31-01-2008, 03:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

And a tiny fly!

I wish I could get that kind of definition :-(

thanks, a good camera and lens always helps. :-)

Old 31-01-2008, 03:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

A beauty. Nice composition too.

Thank you.

Old 31-01-2008, 09:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

And a tiny fly!

I wish I could get that kind of definition :-(

thanks, a good camera and lens always helps. :-)

And a steady hand or tripod. I worked for a professional photographer for a
few years and my shanking hand became so bad he wouldn't even let me
re-touch prints - he said I wasn't concentrating.

Then a brain tumour was found and I had surgery to remove it :-)

The shaking isn't anything like as bad now but my hands aren't steady enough
even with the finest equipment and knowledge to take a good close-up -
except by accident.

My boss, by the way, was very embarrassed!

Mary

Old 31-01-2008, 04:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Barbara...What a beautiful photo!
Patty

--
www.twoacrewood.net

Old 01-02-2008, 12:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

thanks, a good camera and lens always helps. :-)

And a steady hand or tripod. I worked for a professional photographer
for a few years and my shanking hand became so bad he wouldn't even
let me re-touch prints - he said I wasn't concentrating.

Then a brain tumour was found and I had surgery to remove it :-)

Bummer, though a good outcome by the looks of it.

The shaking isn't anything like as bad now but my hands aren't steady
enough even with the finest equipment and knowledge to take a good
close-up - except by accident.

My boss, by the way, was very embarrassed!

I should think so. :-)

Old 01-02-2008, 12:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Patty Peeples wrote:
Barbara...What a beautiful photo!

Thank you Patty

Old 01-02-2008, 12:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

thanks, a good camera and lens always helps. :-)

And a steady hand or tripod. I worked for a professional photographer
for a few years and my shanking hand became so bad he wouldn't even
let me re-touch prints - he said I wasn't concentrating.

Then a brain tumour was found and I had surgery to remove it :-)

Bummer, though a good outcome by the looks of it.

Well, if it hadn't been found (accidentally) I'd have become paralysed then
gone mad then died in pretty short order. I'm pleased that I lived long
enough to survive the next drama - breast cancer :-)

We don't have common colds in this house, nobody brings you champagne and
chocolates, might as well have something exciting which elicits sypathy ...

The shaking isn't anything like as bad now but my hands aren't steady
enough even with the finest equipment and knowledge to take a good
close-up - except by accident.

My boss, by the way, was very embarrassed!

I should think so. :-)

He's still a good friend. It was hard on him because his sister in law had
just died from a brain tumour in the same ward I was in. I think his wife
was upset that I survived when her sister hadn't. Luck of the draw.

Still, all that's nothing to do with gardens :-)

Keep up the good work,

Mary

Old 01-02-2008, 03:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

He's still a good friend. It was hard on him because his sister in law had
just died from a brain tumour in the same ward I was in. I think his wife
was upset that I survived when her sister hadn't. Luck of the draw.

Still, all that's nothing to do with gardens :-)

Keep up the good work,

Nothing will make you appreciate life (and the beauty of gardens) more
than a close brush with death...
--
Peace, Om

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
-- Mark Twain
Old 01-02-2008, 07:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Omelet" wrote in message
news

Nothing will make you appreciate life (and the beauty of gardens) more
than a close brush with death...

I know. I've had three :-)

Mary

Old 01-02-2008, 07:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news

Nothing will make you appreciate life (and the beauty of gardens) more
than a close brush with death...

I know. I've had three :-)

Mary

All I can say is HUGS!!!