Old 01-02-2008, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Book recommendation

On 1/2/08 15:43, in article ,
"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

At present I'm dipping in and out of 'Cuttings', a selection of Christopher
Lloyd's articles from the Guardian. It's extremely enjoyable, not least for
his opinionated remarks about certain types of plants and gardening
practices but also for the enormous wealth of information it offers. I
think it must appeal to a very wide range of gardeners.

Thanks Sacha it is on my 'order from Amazon' list as from now.

I worked for him one vacation when I was at college - great experience
with a hard but kind taskmaster!

Jennifer

But lucky you, Jennifer! He must have been a wonderful man to work for in
terms of a steep learning curve! I find myself giggling at his remarks
about how nobody can express an opinion for fear of offending someone, so
everything has to be careful and rather bland. In this instance, I recall
he was expressing his views on bark chippings somewhat trenchantly!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk