Old 02-02-2008, 04:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default herbs plant

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 04:59:58 +0000, dael22
wrote:

Hi,
I want to grow herbs plant in my garden but would like some info on
which herbs
should I grow?

Most herbs will grow well in adverse conditions and some seem to
thrive on neglect. I grow rue, thyme, rosemary, lavender, mint,
parsley, garlic, chives, oregano and sage. The parsley survives one
winter. The garlic, chives and parsley appreciate small amounts of
organic (fish emulsion, rotted cow manure, leaf mold, etc)
fertilizers. The oregano and mint are somewhat invasive. Borage and
basil grow one summer. Growing herbs in pots is another option. Full
sun gives you the most options. Too much water, poor drainage,
excessive fertilizer can be bad.