Old 02-02-2008, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default herbs plant

In article ,
dael22 wrote:

Hi,
I want to grow herbs plant in my garden but would like some info on
which herbs
should I grow?

Well, let's start with what herbs do you use? A look in the cupboard
would be an indicator. Mediterranean herbs seem to like fairly poor, dry
soils with full sun. I think these would do well in pots. Basil, in my
experience, does best in pots. I like to grow parsley because I use it
in small amounts and never use up a bunch that I purchase at the store.
So, determine the herbs that you now use. Google or ask a gardening
expert (academic or, local nursery) if they will grow in your area and
when to plant them. Each plant has its' own little universe of needs.
The better you meet their needs, the better they will grow for you.
Learn about them. Google "gardening, growing [herb's name]".

Bon appétit
--

Billy

Bush, Cheney & Pelosi, Behind Bars