Old 03-02-2008, 01:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tad Tad is offline

Default Best preemergent for my lawn

On Feb 1, 7:11*am, John wrote:
I have a lawn care chemical company that takes care of my sodded
areas, but he said it would be too expensive for me to use his service
for the rest of my sparcely grassed yard. *He just sprays fertilizer
or pre-emergent or what ever is needed every 4 - 6 weeks. *Anyone got
a recommendation for what I can buy for the other 1/2 acre I'd like to
limit weed growth this year.

Also, is there a program I might follow throughout the year.

I live in Atlanta, GA.

Thanks,

Well, besides the argument for switching you to organics (it's just as
easy, WAY BETTER for the environment, and will actually save you money
in the long run)

You should look into corn gluten meal. Studies have shown it to work
as a preemergent and it's organic!

~Tad