Old 01-02-2008, 03:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Best preemergent for my lawn

I have a lawn care chemical company that takes care of my sodded
areas, but he said it would be too expensive for me to use his service
for the rest of my sparcely grassed yard. He just sprays fertilizer
or pre-emergent or what ever is needed every 4 - 6 weeks. Anyone got
a recommendation for what I can buy for the other 1/2 acre I'd like to
limit weed growth this year.

Also, is there a program I might follow throughout the year.

I live in Atlanta, GA.

Thanks,
Old 02-02-2008, 11:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

About pesticides!
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/spring.html

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tad Tad is offline

On Feb 1, 7:11*am, John wrote:
I have a lawn care chemical company that takes care of my sodded
areas, but he said it would be too expensive for me to use his service
for the rest of my sparcely grassed yard. *He just sprays fertilizer
or pre-emergent or what ever is needed every 4 - 6 weeks. *Anyone got
a recommendation for what I can buy for the other 1/2 acre I'd like to
limit weed growth this year.

Also, is there a program I might follow throughout the year.

I live in Atlanta, GA.

Thanks,

Well, besides the argument for switching you to organics (it's just as
easy, WAY BETTER for the environment, and will actually save you money
in the long run)

You should look into corn gluten meal. Studies have shown it to work
as a preemergent and it's organic!

~Tad
Old 03-02-2008, 01:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Tad wrote in

oups.com:

Well, besides the argument for switching you to organics
(it's just as easy, WAY BETTER for the environment, and
will actually save you money in the long run)

switching to organic would, most likely, help with the sparse
section of lawn. better soil = better growth.

You should look into corn gluten meal. Studies have shown
it to work as a preemergent and it's organic!

well, that depends... corn gluten meal is fantastic as a pre-
emergent on seedling weeds, but doesn't do *anything* to
control established perennial weeds. however, since it also
acts as a fertilizer, it won't hurt to put it down.
lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there