Old 03-02-2008, 09:09 PM posted to austin.gardening
Doug Lassiter Doug Lassiter is offline

Default geckos in the home?

Perhaps a as a result of the rather cold winter, we seem to have a
large and increasing number of geckos living in our home siding, which
is fluted, and so has crawl spaces inside. At any given time, I can
see half a dozen little heads poking out in various places on one side
of the house.

Now, the question is whether this is a good thing. I Iike geckos, and
I know they are insectivores. I'm assuming they aren't doing any
permanent damage there, and ideally are helping to control the
roaches. But http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/g...zard_gecko.htm
suggests that geckos in the home isn't a good thing, as it is in the
garden, though it looks like they're talking about ones running
underfoot and peeing on the carpet (which isn't happening at my
place). Is my assumption justified? I would be a pain in the rear to
have to seal up all these entryways, though I could do that with caulk
or foam.

Doug