Old 05-02-2008, 02:11 AM
bullthistle bullthistle is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I have moved to Florence, CO and will be working on planting flowers
in my big back yard. It definitely needs something. What would I
grow in this area that works well?
Some people are rude and crude. I landed in Florence, CO on 1/01/2008 and watched UGA beat Hawaii, and I live in NC and was born and bred in NYC. I planted some heavenly bamboo, raised from seedlings in NC, but I spoke to my friend in Florence today and she said they froze, but told her they may come back in the spring. I also took out some perennials. She lives on Moore Drive, horses in the backyard, across the street from the Veteran's nursing home. She also said it gets too hot for Aspen when she asked for a suggestion. You might want to check into Red Buckeye. Dwarf or tree. Junipers do well in heat and can take the cold. There is always the Pinon if you have the room. To check out what perennials and woody plants I took out to Florence for planting go to http://propagatingperennials.blogspot.com