Old 06-02-2008, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Back from holiday

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:05:29 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

Well we are back from out trip to Egypt and Jordan and have brought
back stinking colds, Snowed in at Aman twice, the last was the day we
were due to leave, there was around 6 inches + of snow.
Came back with a few plants and seeds and loads of pics, some I will
post to have identified.
It was no rest.
Found this in a catalogue today............ Some bargain.

Peanut Plant
Arachis hypogea.
If you enjoy growing your own produce then we have the perfect plant
for you.
Easy to grow and self fertile, this amazing plant has small yellow
flowers followed by a stem (known as a peg) which grows into the soil
to begin the process of forming the well known nut.

1 plant @ £7.49

Catch you all later when I am over a stinking cold.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Welcome back David. I came back from new Zealand a month ago... with
a stinking cold also! Mine was no rest either.
Are you going to start a new "Groundnut scheme" there in Newport? You
could make a fortune selling peanut plants at that price!

Pam in Bristol