Old 08-02-2008, 11:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Crinkley Dahlia

"Bob Williams" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Bob Williams" wrote in message
The nurseries in San Diego are putting out their bulbs for Spring
planting. I took a picture of this attractive and unusual specimen last
year at a Dahlia Show. Today I bought an assortment of bulbs that
included this one. I was astonished at how many different types of
Dahlias there are. Many do not resemble each other in the least.
Bob Williams

Not my favourite group, they're on a par with chrysanthemums.

True!
But they are VERY showy,

That's exactly why I don't like them :-)

However, the shot of a single one, like this, shows their beauty. Well
caught - if you can please me with a dahlia you've done well!

Thanks. I am actually more interested in creating dramatic images than I
am in growing the plants. My wife is more interested in the gardening
aspects. She has a green thumb and I have a brown one. :-)

I prefer to grow things we can eat :-) A January King cabbage in full colour
is a glory! Next time I have one I'll take a pic! I have lots of shots of
chard - enough colour for anyone. Same with the various tomatoes I grow.

Mary