Old 08-02-2008, 02:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Crinkley Dahlia

In article ,
Bob Williams wrote:

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
Bob Williams wrote:

The nurseries in San Diego are putting out their bulbs for Spring
planting. I took a picture of this attractive and unusual specimen last
year at a Dahlia Show. Today I bought an assortment of bulbs that
included this one. I was astonished at how many different types of
Dahlias there are. Many do not resemble each other in the least.
Bob Williams
[Image]

Good shot. :-)
It's tricky to get a solid background like that.

Thanks.
One neat way is to shoot the picture outside, at night, with flash .
Position the flower so there is nothing but empty space for 20-30 feet
in the background.
The flower will show up well illuminated with a black background.
Bob

I've gotten similar shots taking pics right at dawn when I get home from
work, but I don't quite get that solid background. :-)

Well done! I might have to try that, but how do you get it to autofocus?
--
Peace, Om

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
-- Mark Twain