Old 09-02-2008, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael michael is offline

Default Vitamin C in stored apples

On 8 Feb, 19:28, (Jim Jackson) wrote:
michael wrote:
I have a number of desert apple trees and attempt to store the apples
in the garage during the winter.Many of the apples become soft (as
compared with crisp),but still taste wonderful.In our family,we eat
lots of apples,both for their pleasant taste and since we think that
they keep us healthy.Does anyone know whether apples kept in this way
retain their vitamins (especially Vitamin C) in anything like the
original fresh value?
Michael

These might be of interest...

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/suttonelms/apple11.html

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/suttonelms/apple25.html

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/suttonelms/apple24.html

Thanks for that information,Jim.It is interesting to noe that some
apples,especially cookers such as Golden Noble,actually increase
Vitamin C in storage.Michael