Old 09-02-2008, 06:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default OK, Dave G. It happened. (3 pics)

Good work Ray, so it's about 11yrs old +- ?
Do you happen to have a varietal name as it looks just like my guy.
I was at our local show here in Orange County & they are still a hot
item & are
going for $150 for 4 or 5 pseudos.
Cheers Wendy
"Ray B" wrote in message
You may recall my previous statement that "I don't grow dens" and Dave
Gillingham's urging that I really should.

Some time after "the big freeze" that wiped out a 20-year collection, Rod
Venger gave me a D. speciosum seedling, barely an inch and a half tall, 2
growths. It has now progressed to a :fist bloom seedling", some ten years
of abuse later.

As a reference, it's in an 8" basket, the double-spiked growth on the left
is 27" tall, and the width, tip if spike to opposite leaves on right is
52".