Old 09-02-2008, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews Gill Matthews is offline

Default Daphne odora

In article ,
says...
Anyone got the secret of growing this well? I've tried several times to
bring on small (30 cm) plants in pots, but never succeeded in getting them
past 3 years. Maybe it's the use of pots it does not like. In a couple of
gardens not too far away (about 400 m), there are some quite large plants
(1.5 m across by 1 m high) which are obviously very happy, and quite old.
And they are in garden soil (clay here, unless improved in those gardens).
I find the scent one of the best of any plants.

BTW, I have no problem with Daphne retusa. Kept one alive in a pot for
about 16 years.

I grow Daphne odora? (little pinkish flowers strong scent) in a pot quite
hapily greww it from a cutting from my mothers also in a pot. Both are covered
in blossom at the moment and smell lovely

Gill M
--

addy gill[at]pcservicesreading[dot]co[dot]uk