Old 10-02-2008, 03:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] cattleyasource@yahoo.com is offline

Default Orchids of Mexico and Guatemala

On Feb 9, 9:14*pm, "Wendy7" wrote:
This is wonderful John. Nice to have on hand.
Just wondering if this is legal to do, making an online version?
Cheers Wendy

wrote in message

I have posted an on-line version of the rare book Orchids of Mexico
and Guatemala by James Bateman on my website. *Bateman's books are
well known for their wonderfully detailed botanical prints of
orchids. *There are forty species illustrated and described in the
book.

The book was written in the mid 1800's and the original was limited to
only 125 copies. *A rare reprint was produced in 1973 but the cheapest
one I could find was over $1000!

Here is a chance to peruse a rare book of great importantance to the
orchid community.

http://www.geocities.com/cattleyasou...es/orchids_of_...

I hope you enjoy the book.

John Denson, RLA- Hide quoted text -

Wendy,

Thanks for looking at the site. The Orchids of Mexico and Guatemala
was published over 150 years ago and the original text and images are
now in the public domain. I put the book online for other orchid
hobbyists to enjoy. Its my tribute to one of the great early works on
orchids.