Old 10-02-2008, 02:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default New article on Spring pond care

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 21:40:52 CST, "
wrote:

Koi and goldfish are becoming more active but don't rush into feeding
them until the water temp is at least 55 degrees. Doing a good clean
out in the Spring will make the whole season go smoother. Failing to
remove the gunk from the winter give algae head start. I found this
article Spring Pond Care (http://www.richdeer3pondsupplies.com/site/
1566246/page/938981) which reminds us all how important getting a
head start on the season is.

I bring all my fancies in over the winter and enjoy watching them in
my indoor pond. I'm also quarantining new fish until warmer weather.
I love pouring over water lily and iris descriptions while trying to
pick out new additions for this season. It's a great way to spend a
snow day.

I can't wait for Spring, Gail

I asked this before, but don't remember seeing an answer, fancy what, Gail?
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us