Old 10-02-2008, 06:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_14_] Reel McKoi[_14_] is offline

Default Getting rid of fish

After talking it over with my husband, now that he's retiring, I decided the
fish have to go. I'm not sure how we'll dispose of them in the spring
because the market here is flooded. The workload of caring for these two
ponds and the resulting endless stream of fry is more than we want to deal
with. There are no young people in the family to help. Predators are
forever after the fish which is a stress in itself. My husband thinks the
best thing to do is get rid of the fish, pull the nets off, leave a pump
running to keep them from getting stagnant and let them go to nature - frog
and turtle ponds.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.