Old 11-02-2008, 12:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Am I too late to trim butterfly bush?

"symplastless" expounded:

They stated "is already putting out new leaf growth" That new growth is
coming from reserved energy. It takes energy for buds to open no matter
where you are.

There are no butterfly bushes putting out new growth here in New
England, where Cheryl is also located. What part of

Not in February, March or April in COLDER CLIMATES.

did you not understand?

Here we always wait til bud break and prune out the winter dead .
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts