Old 11-02-2008, 08:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Help with Dragon Tree houseplant please

"jackregan" wrote in message

Hi,

I've have a dragon tree houseplant for about 10 years now but I decided
to repot it about two weeks ago.

Since then it appears to have developed some yellow mottling on the
upper sides of the leaf (in the middle, mostly, not at the tips) which
I'm concerned about. It seems to mostly be affecting the new leaves,
too.

I've read that yellowing leaves can be due to the roots rotting after
being repotted due to the soil being wetter but the soil is fairly
dry.

I've also read that spider mites can cause this but I've not been able
to 'see any.'

Can anyone help, please?

You have a Dracaena Marginata . If you think the problem might be spider
mite you can mist it with water and look for webs. These are sooner seen
than the tiny spider critter. There's loads of information about your plant
at this link: http://www.dracaena.com/dracaena-marginata.php

Val