Old 11-02-2008, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Planting potatoes early?

Nick Maclaren says...
Considering that there is a ground frost here one night in three,
and the soil is only marginally above freezing, I am not worried
that I have only just ORDERED mine!

I think mine may be shivering a bit :-)

I take heart from the fact that there are always lots of
volunteers from the previous year that survive whatever
Winter throws at them to emerge the following year.

I think it's worth a try (once at least). If the worse
happens and they all perish then I can always plant some
more in April - assuming the ground is still workable then
and not mud like last April.
--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.