Old 13-02-2008, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
thisfineday thisfineday is offline

Default Blueberry Propogation

Hi,
I've been exploring starting new blueberry bushes from my existing and
very healthy ones.
The simplest advice so far has been to make cuttings (about 6") from
the new growth and stick each cutting into a prepared bed of peat moss
and vermiculite and sand or pine bark. I guess I should cover the new
shoots with a chicken wire hat so the deer don't get it.
Has anyone had any luck with this method or have any advice about what
would work?Thanks,
Janet