Old 13-02-2008, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Blueberry Propogation

Hi,
I've been exploring starting new blueberry bushes from my existing and
very healthy ones.
The simplest advice so far has been to make cuttings (about 6") from
the new growth and stick each cutting into a prepared bed of peat moss
and vermiculite and sand or pine bark. I guess I should cover the new
shoots with a chicken wire hat so the deer don't get it.
Has anyone had any luck with this method or have any advice about what
would work?Thanks,
Janet
Old 14-02-2008, 01:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"thisfineday" wrote in message
Hi,
I've been exploring starting new blueberry bushes from my existing and
very healthy ones.
The simplest advice so far has been to make cuttings (about 6") from
the new growth and stick each cutting into a prepared bed of peat moss
and vermiculite and sand or pine bark. I guess I should cover the new
shoots with a chicken wire hat so the deer don't get it.
Has anyone had any luck with this method or have any advice about what
would work?Thanks,
Janet

Hi Janet, you might try checking this place
http://berrygrape.oregonstate.edu/ca...ops/blueberry/ .
Not trying to take the wind out of your sails but I've read that blueberrys
are one of the hardest to propagate. I've also read that the method that you
described is the most successful. GOOD LUCK!